Seven die from inhaling generator fumes

Seven people have died from inhaling generator fumes in Yenegoa, Bayelsa State, in south-south Nigeria.

The incident happened on Tuesday morning.

Report has that some undergraduates of the Niger Delta University are among the dead.

The victims were asleep in a music studio, located in the Amarata area of the state capital.

Law enforcement officers have evacuated their corpses to the mortuary. The studio had been cordoned off to prevent anyone from tampering with evidence.

Sources privy to the incident blamed the inadequate power supply to homes as reason for increased use of power generating sets.

READ ALSO:ÂCouple, 2 kids, mother-in-law died of inhaling generator fumes

The state government and the police are yet to comment on the incident.

Motunrayo Ajala



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button